Free Parenting Workshop
Raising children is no easy task—especially here in the Silicon Valley, where work demands, academic pressures, and hectic schedules take a toll on the parent-child relationship. Whether your kids are 3 years old or 13, there is hope for a more peaceful and loving family.
Free Parenting Workshop
We are excited to offer our 3rd Annual Parenting Workshop series geared specifically for parents with kids in preschool to middle school. We have hired Mrs. Valerie Plummer, a certified family life coach and parent educator, to lead an interactive workshop based on the world-renowned Love & Logic® principles. A graduate of SJSU and Stanford in psychology and education, Mrs. Plummer is passionate about helping both parents and children develop their full potential.
The following topics will be covered in this 4-week series:
- Using empathy to reduce conflict & build relationships
- Parenting well in a digital world
- Connecting with your child through the 5 Love Languages
- Preparing your child for success with problem solving & choices
As Love & Logic® parenting courses typically cost over $100 per participant, we encourage you to take full advantage of this opportunity. Reserve your free spot today before all the seats are taken! Refreshments will be provided.
Space is limited, so sign up now!
- 7-9pm on four Fridays in March 2017
- (March 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st)
- Each Friday will cover a different topic.
- San Jose Christian School
- 1300 Sheffield Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008 (map)
Free Children’s Program & Childcare Onsite
While the adults are in the workshop, there will be an age-specific children’s program for kids 3-11, with crafts, games, storytelling and other activities to spur kids’ character development.
Free childcare for children under 3 years old will also be available. In addition, supervised games and movies will be provided for middle school and high school-aged students.
About the Main Speaker
Valerie Plummer uses her experience as a parent, individual and family life coach and Love & Logic® facilitator to empower individuals and families to build healthy relationships. After earning a BA in Psychology from SJSU with a minor in Child Development, Valerie earned a Master’s degree in Education from Stanford University. Married for 34 years with two adult daughters, Valerie and her husband enjoy traveling and volunteering with global organizations.
Space is Limited – Sign Up Now!
Due to the limited space in the venue, we recommend that you register now to reserve your spot. Only registered individuals may attend.
Whether you are a single parent or co-parenting with your spouse, your partner, or your ex, we welcome you to join us as we learn strategies to effectively manage the challenges of parenting.
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com
- What should I bring to the Parenting Workshop?
- Come as you are with an open ear and a willing heart! Feel free to bring a notepad to jot down some notes.
- Do I have to attend all 4 sessions of the Parenting Workshop?
- We strongly recommend all participants to attend all 4 sessions so as to get the most from the Parenting Workshop. If you are not able to make one of the sessions, please let us know when you register.
- Do I have to drop off and pick up my child each evening?
- Parents are expected to sign their child in and out each evening. For security purposes, only the parent who signs the child in can pick the child up. Parents must bring a valid form of ID, such as a driver’s license.
- What if I have a teenage child?
- On Friday evenings, we will have supervised games and movies will be provided for middle school and high school-aged students.
- Who is Living Hope Community Church?
- Living Hope Community Church of Silicon Valley is a “start-up” church based in Campbell, CA. We spun off from our mother church about 3 years ago with a new vision and charter. We aim to be a community of Christ that moves forward with a faith that sees no task too daunting and no sacrifice too great, because our God is without limit.
- Why is Living Hope Community Church sponsoring this Parenting Workshop?
- As a “start-up” church that recently moved to Campbell, we are sponsoring this workshop to serve and be a blessing in our new community. Besides, what better way to get to know our neighbors!
- How much does it cost?
- The entire Parenting Workshop and associated Children’s Program and childcare are all free of charge.
- I have more questions!
- Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.